– Folkstyle Season Lasts Nov-Mar(this is the main style wrestled in HS’s and College’s in the USA)
– Typically Children Aged 5-14(some 4 year olds and the very rare 3 year old are mentally/physically ready)(any 3 yo’s and 70% of 4 yo’s require a parent on the mat throughout practice to keep them focused/not disruptive)
– Practices will be at both WRHS & WRMS with the majority this year being in @ WRMS
– Novice Wrestlers(1st and 2nd year wrestlers) practice Tuesdays/Thursdays from 6-7pm
– Open Wrestlers(3rd year and above) Practice Tuesdays/Thursdays from 7-8:30pm
– Depending on membership numbers we will add practices on Mon/Wed accordingly
– Some 2nd year kids wrestle Open. Some first year kids wrestle Open. Some 3rd year kids wrestle Novice.
– Freestyle Greco Season Lasts April-Early June(has a much lower participation rate than folkstyle)***do not worry about FS/GR until April :)***
– We do not recommend that all novice wrestlers compete. The child’s emotional and physical maturity should be what dictates that decision.
– Our 2019-2020 Membership dues(150$) cover all wrestling practice we offer from November 2019 – October 2020 as well as coaching @ tournaments almost every weekend Dec-Mar as well as a team shirt and your childs USAW wrestling card(which is required)
– Novice season ends around the 1st of March(unless they wrestle in the Open State Championship series of tournaments then they will wrestle until the end of March)
– Weekend tournaments are held at HS’s and venues throughout the state almost year round $ cost $12-25$ on average.
– In order to practice you must have wrestling shoes(50$ish for basic shoes which do just fine)
– In order to compete you must have headgear(20-50$) and a team singlet.
– We rent team singlets(20$) AND order a new design($70ish) every year.