– Folkstyle Season Lasts Nov-Mar(this is the main style wrestled in HS’s and College’s in the USA)
– Typically Children Aged 5-14(some 4 year olds and the very rare 3 year old are mentally/physically ready)(any 3 yo’s and 80% of 4 yo’s require a parent on the mat throughout practice to keep them focused/not disruptive)
– Practices will be at Washburn Rural Middle School – 5620 SW 61st St, Topeka, KS 66619, United States
– Novice Wrestlers(1st and 2nd year wrestlers 7 years old or less)
– Open Wrestlers(1st/2nd/3rd/4th year wrestlers 8 and up)
– Elite Wrestlers(4th year and above)
– Some younger kids wrestle Open. Some Older kids wrestle Novice. These classes are not concrete but rather general guidelines.
– Freestyle Greco Season Lasts April-Early June(has a much lower participation rate than folkstyle)***
– We do not recommend that all novice wrestlers compete. The child’s emotional and physical maturity should be what dictates that decision.
– Costs involved can be found in our online store here
– Novice season ends around the 1st of March(unless they wrestle in the Open State Championship series of tournaments then they will wrestle until the end of March)
– Weekend tournaments are held at HS’s and venues throughout the state almost year round $ cost $20-50$ on average.
– In order to practice you must have wrestling shoes(30-50$ish for basic shoes which do just fine)
– In order to compete you must have headgear(20-50$) and a team singlet.
– We rent team singlets/headgear AND order a new design of singlet($50ish) every year.